– Grenland is a relevant recruitment area we can use, say FMC Technologies and Norsk Analyse, who have just established a presence at Herøya.
These companies, which supply analysis systems and metering services to the offshore and industrial segments, have just settled at their new premises at the Industrial Park. The companies have recruited a number of new employees since last autumn, and they needed more space.
– Herøya is ideal for us, says Sveinung Myhr, Operation & Maintenance Manager at FMC Kongsberg Metering. – And the Grenland area is a good place to find people with industrial experience. There is a lot of demand for specialists nowadays, and there are skills we can use here.
Are we likely to see any further growth?
– If the market develops positively, that is certainly possible, replies Myhr.
Close to customers Just across the way is RHI Normag. They are just about to get a new factory up and running.
– RHI Normag were really pleased about us moving here, says Trond Ness Pedersen, analysis specialist at Norsk Analyse. – RHI is commissioning the factory with an analysis system which we have supplied. They really appreciate the fact that we are directly across the corridoor from them.
A number of local customers stand to benefit from the short distance now, such as the Industrial Park, Yara and Rafnes. But most of our customers are a bit further away, out on the Norwegian shelf or on land in Scandinavia and Europe.
Cooperation for online remote operation Norsk Analyse and FMC Kongsberg Metering are working together on a number of offshore projects. They operate what are known as “Remote Operations”: online remote equipment operation.
– We log on to the customer’s metering system and can monitor analyses and metering online and assist with operations and maintenance on site, says Sveinung Myhr.
The advantages include fast, efficient and wideranging assistance online. Videoconferencing will also be commissioned so as to ensure efficient meetings and reduce travelling expenses.
Specialists FMC’s Operation & Maintenance division, with five employees at Herøya, and Norsk Analyse’s two employees at Herøya are all specialists in their fields.
FMC Operation & Maintenance, a division of FMC Kongsberg Metering which is part of the global company FMC Technologies, supplies services for operational support for the operation and maintenance of fiscal metering systems for oil and gas. They have also established a training centre in Tønsberg over the course of the year, offering courses in general metering and metering regulations and a special metering course. Their biggest customers are Norske Shell, Gaz de France, Statoil, Talisman and Maersk Oil.
Norsk Analyse is Scandinavia’s biggest supplier of complete analysis systems for the process industry. They design, plan and build these systems. Their biggest customers are Statoil, Yara, Ineos, Norske Shell, Gaz de France, BP, ExxonMobil and Borealis.