Facts and figures
Herøya Industrial Park covers an area of 1.5 km2 in Porsgrunn Municipality in the south of Norway, and is owned by Oslo Pensjonsforsikring AS. The Park has around 80 tenants, employing a total of some 2500 persons.
Herøya Industripark AS is the host organisation of the park, and manages, operates and develops the park.
About 55 of the 80 companies are located in the core industrial area of the Park. The other 25 companies are in the eastern part of the Industrial Park and are tenants of property company Herøya Næringspark AS and in Gunneklev as tenants of Hydrovegen Eiendom AS.
Financial information 2015:
- Turnover from all companies, approx. NOK 13 bn
- Proportion as exports 85 %
- Investments NOK 1 bn.
- Investments 2002-2015, approx. NOK 14 bn
Infrastructure and buildings in the industrial park
- Electric grid
- Supply of hydroelectric power, steam, gas etc.
- Quay facilities (1.5 km quay frontage) and prox. 900 calls pr. year
- Pipe racks
- Tank terminal
- Roads, green spaces etc
- 135,000 m2 buildings owned by the operating organisation – office buildings, production spaces, workshops and warehouses, laboratories and testing bays